Cool Stuff

The Wayfarers trilogy by author Jim Yackel

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Blood Loss (c) 2010 Jim Yackel


















This article will be a bit personal in nature, but despite that I hope you will benefit from reading this...

I am a man of great faith. I love the Lord in ways that I don't understand - other than that the ways are profound. I could not envision a moment where I would want to be without Him. Thoughts of the hands of Jesus ever being lifted off of me are chilling; but in reality those thoughts do not originate from Him but instead from the enemy who walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.

This wayfarer of great faith has seen that very faith tested and shaken in recent days and weeks. At times the attacks are debilitating; and they cause a leaking of desire analogous to having an arm severely lacerated and then slowly bleeding to death. This claw of debilitation has already punctured and deflated my desire to create new music. Additionally, the claw is destroying my ability and desire to write articles such as this. The "Storm Warning" columns are on hold for a short time as the Storm is indeed growing, but for now it is all in the Supernatural and not very visible in the Natural; and I am concerned that many readers would not understand what it is that I am seeing and would therefore be writing about. 

My finances have been hit hard, making it exceedingly difficult to make ends meet as the wolves who worship the false money god lurk at the perimeter with claws extended - but that is a place where many millions of Americans live today. Relations with certain members of my family have also been harshly impacted; whereby becoming adversarial. Amongst these things there is a weighty depression that makes it difficult to get out of bed in the morning. This writer has for years risen at 5:00 a.m. with the hope of the morning, but lately that time of rising cedes to a later hour and the aforementioned hope has been conspicuous by its very absence.

But, through this maelstrom my legs have not been injured so despite the blood loss I get up and resume walking down the Towpath each day. Yes, my sleeping bag is often laid out at night on cold, bumpy, root-strewn ground; but is that not one of the creature discomforts that the wayfarer must sometimes endure?

Despite the blood loss my faith in the Lord has not wavered. Because of the claw marks on my chest and arms I am reminded of the nails that pierced His hands and feet. Indeed, this wayfarer is suffering today and in that I sometimes wonder in pain and frustration where the Holy Spirit brought as the Advocate may be - but I know that He is here and has never left me.

The blood that this wayfarer is leaking is being replaced by the blood that the Lamb shed for me - and what a life-sustaining transfusion it is. These are difficult and discouraging days in the Storm, but I know that He is still walking with me; despite what the enemy may whisper in my ear. I know He has never left me or forsaken me and in that He has built a place for me at the end of the Towpath. 

Lord, please cover all of us who are wayfaring, as the assault is becoming increasingly fierce in these last days of the journey.

1 comment:

  1. I am so moved by what you have shared. You will remain in my prayers. May God bless you with continually renewed strength and some joy as well. Be encouraged and know that many are cheering you on.

    ReplyDelete