Cool Stuff

The Wayfarers trilogy by author Jim Yackel

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

"I" Trouble by Jim Yackel (c) 2010

My recently released book The Wayfarers is a story that amongst other things is about people who carry backpacks. These backpacks are loaded and they are in a word - heavy.

You are carrying a backpack, even if you cannot turn your head to see it strapped over your shoulders. We are all carrying a load just as we carry our crosses. To one degree or another, we are all weighed down; as such is life in this fallen world for the mortal, flesh-baring human.

While my own burdens are great this day in July, 2010, I can appreciate the burdens that others in my life are carrying. Likewise, I can appreciate your burden and can relate to its weight on your back and in your heart. But, one day we will be free!

I am many things: some good and others not so good. I am a good person and conversely a bad one. If not for the blood of Jesus that has drenched me, I would be dead where I sit typing this note.

I am a father who loves his daughter Sadie in ways so powerful that I cannot comprehend them. It took me months to adjust to not seeing her daily, but I have now been acclimated and count the time that I do spend with her as significantly blessed. Likewise, I love my Bobbi and my Katie and when I count my blessings, each of these two are colossal and significant and I would have to say lifesaving. They are an inspiration - each in their own way - and they are assets and catalysts for my ministry. Thank you Lord for Sadie, Bobbi, and Katie, and for this Storm-related ministry that you have charged and blessed me with: through the written word, through music, and through personal interactions. Please Lord, help me to bring honor to you every day because I can't do it without Your guidance. Lord, I need you more than ever.

Enough of this "I" trouble already, other than to ask: "what can I do for you?"

Can I pray for you? Would you let me encourage you? Do I need to continue to warn you? Can I remind you that Jesus loves you in ways that you cannot comprehend?

I know what your backpack feels like. I too, carry one that is so heavy lately that I am not able to run but instead only slowly walk under its weight. We can help each other carry those backpacks down the Towpath, knowing that one day we will drop them and they will be empty. Yes, one day we will be free.

One day, the aching of sore backs will be but a distant memory. One day soon, the sting and nausea created by loneliness will vacate our souls and will be left smoldering in Hell where it always belonged. One day, our children will again be with us every day.

One day, we will truly forgive others the way that we have been forgiven - even those who have treated us with contempt and malice. One day soon, when we are rescued from the Storm - and we will be with no prior warning - in that moment righteousness will prevail ad infinitum into eternity.

One day, we will see with the utmost of clarity and be healed of our "I" trouble.

God bless you - and may the Lord's rich blessings be poured out on you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment