Cool Stuff

The Wayfarers trilogy by author Jim Yackel

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Storm Warning 8-12-10: "Surreal Season" ©2010 Jim Yackel



As Moscow gasps under severe heat and smog, this writer is reminded of the severe swings in weather taking place in these United States. Californian citrus crops have been damaged by unusual summer cold while here in the Northeast we have been subjected to a tormenting, bastardly heat and humidity in July and August of this surreal season. And while it has been humid here, it has rarely rained. Strangely, as this surreal season has been so hot, the leaves on the trees in some upstate New York locations are beginning to display autumnal colors; if ever so minimally. 


Leaves changing color during the second week of August would generally happen only if the air temperatures at night were abnormally cool - which they certainly have not been! These are things that could make one say "hmmm?"

If some of the leaves prematurely changing color isn't enough, I have never experienced insect activity like that which I've endured over the months of July and August, 2010. While walking the Erie Canal Towpath with two fellow Storm Troopers, we have been subjected to Mosquitoes, Deer Flies, and other unidentifiable biting airborne bugs in numbers that I have not seen ever in the thirty-seven years that I have been spending time walking the Towpath and fishing the Canal. The tried and trusted insect repellent Off does not seem to discourage these ferocious parasites, and on most occasions we have been driven back before strolling very far. This writer believes that there is a supernatural component to this colossal spike in the aforementioned insect activity...

...Folks, this is the first "Storm Warning" I have written in two weeks. The standard procedure was to publish two on each weekday and then one each on Saturday and Sunday. I have not written one of these articles since late July because I have found it difficult to describe what I am seeing and experiencing without appearing as though I'm telling ghost stories; and we know that there are truly no such things as ghosts. But, there are demonic elements of the Supernatural and by the blood of Jesus those of us who have accepted His free gift of salvation are saved from an eternity spent in death with these elements; however they are prowling the earth today seeking who they can devour. By the blood of Christ these demons cannot devour me; but I can still see them and be subjected to their attacks. They cause misery, distress, and hardship - but I am not theirs to take home as I have been purchased by the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. And yet, the Kingpin of the Underworld who rules these supernatural beings is far too arrogant to know that he is on borrowed time.


What keeps me from describing more specifically what I have seen and experienced during this surreal season is the desire to maintain my credibility as an evangelist. I have prayed about this, and the day may soon come, Lord willing, when some of these experiences may indeed be shared with you. What we may discover is that some of you may be experiencing similar things. I could give you vivid descriptions of beings I have seen, but again, I am refraining for now. I will add that others close to me have seen and endured the same things, so it is not "just me."


All in all, this writer is assured the Storm is indeed intensifying; somewhat in the Natural but predominantly in the Spiritual thus far. I continue to have strong feelings about late August and early September - that tragedy may strike these United States; whereby bringing the Storm more into the Natural realm. I likewise continue to feel as though this autumn of 2010 will see a myriad of powerful events that will be weather, seismic, and military related. In that, I continue to encourage you to stock up on non-perishable food, bottled water, and necessary hard goods if you can afford to in these strenuous economic conditions. And, most of all, I continue to urge you to keep focused on the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End; who is Jesus Christ the Lord.
May we please pray?

Dear Lord - We thank You for always being there; even if at times we say "where is He?" Many of us are being spiritually assaulted during this time of increasing Storm activity, but by Your blood and only Your blood we are saved and redeemed as You are the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Weapons have been formed against many of us, but they will not prosper! The enemy is busy, but his work has no quality and only reeks of filth - try and try as he might. Please protect us from all evil. Please meet us at our place of need, as You know better than us what it is that we need. We need You and look forward to being trumpeted into Your presence. Even so, come quickly Lord Jesus! In your precious name we pray; Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment