Cool Stuff

The Wayfarers trilogy by author Jim Yackel

Friday, September 4, 2009

Parents' outrage preview of Obama TV Sept. 8?

Parents are outraged after a Utah elementary school showed a video to schoolchildren about pledging to "to be of service to Barack Obama," "to never give anyone the finger when I'm driving again," "to sell my obnoxious car and buy a hybrid" and to advance stem-cell research.

The video, titled "I Pledge" and produced by Demi Moore, features more than 50 Hollywood celebrities who offer their support for President Obama's policies. The film was played for Obama during his inaugural celebration.

But school administrators at Eagle Bay Elementary School in Farmington, Utah, showed the video to young students at an Aug 28 school assembly, sparking outrage from parents and conservative groups who called the film "radical, leftist propaganda," the Salt Lake Tribune reports.

The video can be seen below:

"I Pledge" opens with a popular depiction of Obama. The president states, "Let us summon a new spirit of patriotism, of responsibility where each of us resolves to pitch in and work harder and look after not only ourselves but each other."

The following are some of the more controversial pledges:

* I pledge allegiance to the funk of the united funk of funkadelica.

* I pledge to never give anyone the finger when I'm driving again

* I pledge to advance stem-cell research

* To reduce my use of plastic … use less bottled water … plant 500 trees this year … to be more green … to no longer use plastic bags at the grocery store

* For the environment, I plan to flush only after deuce, never a single

* I pledge to sell my obnoxious car and buy a hybrid

* I pledge to be of service to Barack Obama

Story link

No comments:

Post a Comment