Cool Stuff

The Wayfarers trilogy by author Jim Yackel

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Continue To Pray Hard ©2010 Jim Yackel



I have written and released a song titled "Pray Hard." Likewise, this writer has published a Jim's View column with the same title. And now, more than ever, I extol you to continue to pray hard.

In late August of 2010, the Storm is for the greatest part raging in the Supernatural and yet, there are gusts of its bitter cold wind blowing through the un-insulated cracks in our living room walls which separate the Natural from the Supernatural. In the Natural, Iran is taunting Israel with the successful test-firing of new Fateh-110 missile and with the unveiling of its first domestically-built unmanned drone bomber, the Karrar. These events follow on the heels of the nation's Russian-built Bushehr nuclear reactor going online, making the development of nuclear weapons a goal that is achievable within a year, experts say. While I cannot profess to be an expert on the matter, this writer believes that Iran already possesses some manner of nuclear weaponry.


A record 27% slump in July 2010 home sales has intensified fears of a double dip recession as the U.S. economy continues to deteriorate for many of its citizens. Dollar Bill is terminally ill as he has been poisoned by the Puppet Masters who operate from another part of the world, manipulating the strings of the Arrogant Marxist Marionette who resides in the White House. It is a House full of radicals who believe that "Hope and Change" means a complete overhaul if not total abandonment of Capitalism and the way of life that Americans have known since the dawn of the nation.


Far too many of the denizens of these United States have turned their backs on the One, True, Living, Triune God who gave birth to the nation through its founding fathers, while the children of those who have turned their backs do not believe that they need the salvation of our Triune God in the person of Jesus Christ. There are many paths to a "better place" so they think, and in their misguided belief they have been convinced that they can follow a path of no accountability - or build a false idol modeled after themselves so they can proclaim "it works for ME." In August of 2010, America is a nation in distress. Like her king of currency, Dollar Bill, she too is terminally ill and attached to life-support machinery. Here is a question for us to ponder: who or what is providing this life-support to America?


Though many seemingly "common folk" are driving vehicles that list on the lot for $25,000 to $50,000 and live in homes that mortgage in the mid to upper six-figure range, are they truly doing well? Or, are these everyday Americans that you see out in the world manifesting an increasingly palpable level of distress? For many, this level of distress is coming from so many sources that they cannot put a finger on a single one. Conversely, are the people who seem to have the least appearing to be experiencing the greatest level of peace?


Have you begun to feel the bitter wind blowing through the cracks in your wall? Has the glass in your picture window begun to rattle? The Storm is intensifying in the Supernatural and it will not remain contained there. Indeed, it's coming ladies and gentlemen and I am one of many who are here to warn you. Please, if you do not have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, I implore you to not delay. He is the only way to life eternal and He paid a colossal price for you. It was a price paid out of a love so powerful as to be unfathomable. I am not begging you, but I am asking you, please! There is not much time.
If you have not given your life to Christ and are sincerely ready to do so, you can pray the following prayer:
Lord Jesus, I know that I'm a sinner. I know that I have broken your commandments, and fallen short of your standards. But I thank you that you have loved me and you have called me to yourself. So, I turn from my sin right now and I choose to believe in and follow you. Be my Savior, Be my Lord, Be my God from this moment forward. Thank you for calling me, and loving me, and accepting me....In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment