Cool Stuff

The Wayfarers trilogy by author Jim Yackel

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Spider Sense ©2009 Jim Yackel

A "Spider Sense" could be aptly described as a subconscious, precognitive sense of danger. Peter Parker, the mild-mannered photographer for the Daily Bugle was enabled with this sense as he assumed the duties of the super hero Spider Man via spider bite. You know the story, so this writer needs not elaborate... 

Prophecy is one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit that the Apostle Paul describes in Romans chapter 12, verse 6: Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, let us prophesy in proportion to our faith; 

I would never refer to myself as a Prophet, as that is a distinction that is too readily assumed by those who don't truly understand that if a "prophecy" cannot be backed up with a scriptural reference, it is something other than that. Still, the Lord is trying to get me to see or know something that I can't quite discern -- "discernment" being another gift of the Holy Spirit. 

Without going into great detail, the life of singer/songwriter/recording artist Jim Yackel has not been a bowl of cherries in 2009. There is much distress swirling around like a hurricane, but praise the Lord that he has been keeping me in a relative "eye" of that hurricane, even though the wind is still blowing forcefully and rain is getting in through the proverbial hole in my roof. I see the worst of the storm through my metaphorical front window. I see trouble blowing down the street and into my front yard -- again, this is metaphorically speaking. I believe that it is only a matter of a short period of time before that "window" blows in and with it all the trouble being tossed up by the hurricane. It is disconcerting to stand by virtually helpless with no way to board up that window. I weigh worst-case scenarios in my mind and know that no matter how difficult it gets, my eternity will be with Jesus and that makes today's strife easier to bear. 

But this is where the aforementioned "Spider Sense" comes into play. I see the storm raging all around. I see the water coming in through my roof. I hear the wind howling and with it my front window glass is shaking, and yet... 

"James, this does not matter. A rapid succession of changes are coming that will make your tribulations become a non-factor. This will affect the world and everyone in it. Fear not, my child, and rest in me." 

I believe that my Spider Sense is in reality the Holy Spirit speaking to me. Something, or more likely a number of "somethings" are imminent and they will be profound in their effect on this orb. There are soon to be events that America never thought that it would see. America has overslept and the wake-up call is going to be harsh in its strident ringing. The dominos may start toppling here but the layout extends around the globe. This could be financial, governmental, or military based and I believe that it is all three. This will be Shock and Awe that will catch far too many by surprise -- but only because they haven't been watching. The signs have been posted but for the most part they've been ignored. Somewhere here in the mix of things I can't quite discern could be the Rapture of the Christian Church. Oh, how I hope for that Blessed Hope! 

Something of earth-shattering significance is coming quickly. It will affect world finances and world militaries. It will bring sudden change. Will it be Israel attacking Iran's nuclear facilities? Will it be a killer flu, the likes of which have never been seen? Will it be the total meltdown of the U.S. economy, plunging this nation into depression? Will China attack the U.S.? Could it be a nuclear terror attack? Will the trumpet of rescue finally blow, calling faithful believers in Jesus Christ home? Could it be most or all of the aforementioned? Either way, I can't help but feel the sincere burden that the game is about to change, and radically so. There is little point in worrying about the current state of affairs. 

Indeed, my spider sense is tingling as this metaphorical hurricane is battering my home. I see and feel the storm, and yet I remain calm in it. This storm will pass after it wreaks the damage that it will -- as hope prevails and redemption draws nearer. But, the Category 4 storm I'm hunkering down in will be nothing like the tropical depressions that are quickly brewing and strengthening to hurricane status today. Many will be caught unprepared as they have not heeded the warnings. Many will shake their fists at Heaven and ask a god that they don't know "why?" "Why!?" Many will be left behind to battle famine, plagues, pestilences, nuclear war, and blood red seas. 

In closing, I cannot offer any specifics as my visibility is occluded by wind and rain. But behind the storm shines the Son. You don't have to endure the worst of what is to be. Know that Jesus is Lord, believe it and embrace it. He is the calmer of the storm, the soother of the raging sea, and the one truth that will set you free. He will rescue you. 

In Christ's Service, 

Jim 

No comments:

Post a Comment